Friday, April 23

As if I didn't already have enough to read



It's time for the library book sale!!!  It happens twice a year and every time I find a bunch of books.  This year I got a paper bag full of books for only eighteen dollars!

Here are the books I got this year:
            • The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve - I have seen this book all over the place, but haven't actually looked at it until today.  I read the back cover and the first few lines and now I can't wait to read it.
            • Sea Glass by Anita Shreve
            • The Reader by Bernhard Schlink - I actually owned this book about five years ago, but gave it away because I couldn't make it through it.  I didn't really think anything of it until I saw the movie at the library and rented it.  The movie was beautifully sad and made me want to give reading the book another try.  
            • Sarah by Mark Halter - People have compared it to The Red Tent, which makes it good enough for me to read it!
            • Letter to my Daughter by Maya Angelou 
            • Gather Together in my Name by Maya Angelou
            • and a bunch of books that I'll use for school next semester
I have a busy weekend, but I'm sure that I'll be able to work in some time to start on my new books!

No comments: