Monday, May 25

Summer to-do list

I have FOUR days of school left!  And i figured out last week that i'm not gonna have enough students for summer school, which means my summer is wide open!!!  So here's my to-do list for the summer, which i'm sure i'll be adding to as i get further into the summer.

  • READ!!!  I have a pile of books that i've swapped for on paperbackswap.com that i've been working my way through.  I am working my way through the Anne of Green Gables series, waiting patiently for Anne and Gilbert to get together, and i have to find a book to teach for my 10/11 class.  At this point, i'm thinking of basing it around A Raisin in the Sun, but I still have to find some other books to put with it...  Suggestions?
  • Start going to the gym again.  Last summer joined a gym and was really good about going until my trainer left for another gym.  I haven't been back since then, but i need to get back because last year was the first time i really got in a routine of regularly working out at least three times a week.  With the wedding coming up, i definitely have some motivation to get back into a routine.
  • Try out at least 1 new recipe a week.  I have a binder full of recipes i want to try out, but never get around to so i figure i can at least do 1 a week.
  • Go to the Carmel Farmer's Market, which is one of my favorite things about summer.
  • Go to Symphony on the Prarie, another of my favorite things about summer.  We bought a pack of 10 tickets and want to go to several of the concerts.  Anyone interested in coming with?
  • Continue scrapbooking.  I got into it last year after we got back from Portland, but it's hard for me to do unless i have a lot of time to work on it.  I want to finish scrapbooking the pictures i printed out last year so that i can start working on our engagement/wedding!
  • Knit!  I admit it.  I am a lazy knitter.  I'm not good at challenging myself with new projects or finishing projects once i've started them.  I'm hoping to spend some time at Stitches and Scones, the knitting shop down the street from me in Westfield, so that i can work on some new projects.  I'm thinking at least one stop into the shop and new project each month.
  • Work my way through my wedding to-do list.  This weekend alone i finished our wedding website and almost have everything on our registry.  And of course, my dress came in last week so i got to try that on on Friday night!  With a few alterations, it should be perfect!!!

2 comments:

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

Great wedding website!
RelentlessBride

Marshmlo10 said...

I'm down for SotP! I think there is a Harry Potter night - that could be really fun :) Let me kno