Tuesday, January 27
The first Seven (7) people to respond to this post will get something made by me. This offer does have some restrictions and limitations:
- I make no guarantees that you will like what I make.
- What I create will be just for you.
- It'll be done this year (2009).
- You have no clue what it's going to be. It may be a mix CD. It may be a poem. I may draw or paint something. I might bake you something and mail it to you. Who knows? Not you, that's for sure!
- I reserve the right to do something extremely strange.
The catch? Oh, the catch is that you have to put this in your journal as well, if you expect me to do something for you!
Friday, January 23
Saturday, January 17
Instead the dress was completely different from what i thought i wanted at first. It has a lot goin going on - beading, pick-ups, and ball gown skirt - but the more i thought about it, the more sure i was because
- I couldn't stop thinking about it and looking at it online
- I didn't feel as comfortable or as "me" in any of the other dresses
- I compared every dress i looked at and tried on to that dress
- It will be custom made for me so that i don't have to make my body work for the dress, the dress will work for my body
- I can customize the dress, which means i can have the off-the-shoulder sleeves i've always wanted and a shorter, more managable-for-me train
- The woman who owns the store, The Chic Bride, is the nicest of the women i worked with and did not pressure me at all. Not even when i had the dress on for about an hour yesterday.
- I couldn't stop looking at myself in the mirror when i had the dress on
- Sarah started to cry when she saw me in it, which she doesn't do often.
So, without further ado, here's my wedding dress!!!
Wednesday, January 14
Of course paying tribute to her will not be the same as having her here. I actually started thinking about how hard this has to be for Andy tonight when i was reading An Atlanta Bride's thoughts on having to go through her wedding without her father.
It’s hard to come to terms with knowing that my dad won’t open my hotel room door on my wedding day to see his little girl all dressed up as a bride. I won’t get to see him looking dashing in a tux and have a proud look on his face as he walks towards me to give me a heartfelt hug and kiss. Missing from our guest book will be his name. He won’t be there to walk me down the aisle and ease my anxiety as I take him by the arm and prepare for the next moment when he gives me away. He won’t be there to give a toast to my husband and me and convey genuine sentiments of lifelong love and happiness. Also missing from our reception will be the father-daughter dance. And I feel sorry that my mom will also have to get through my wedding day without her husband at her side.And, yes, i'm posting about my wedding planning again, but that's because i'm spending most of my free time working on the wedding and it really does seem to help me let go of some of the stress by blogging about it. It gives me a way to get some of my thoughts out of my head so i'm not thinking about things over and over and over...
Tuesday, January 13
At this point we have the date (Friday September 11th, 2009), the minister (Jenni Crowley), and the reception (and possible ceremony) venue that is absolutely gorgeous!!! I've also gone to three stores to try on wedding dresses. So far there's nothing i'm ready to buy, but i'm definitely getting a feel for what i like and what looks good on me.
With all of that going on and starting second semester at school last week, things have been really stressful. So my new rule of thumb to keep in mind when i'm planning is:
DO have fun. It might be more work when you DIY or have to really search and barter, but the fact is it's not just one day! It can be a whole little journey where you connect with your family and friends and rediscover just how exciting it can be to say "I Love You!"
Do you know that in Judaism, your wedding starts the moment that you get engaged, and only ends a year after your wedding? I love this, because for me the process has been so enlightening, and the journey is perhaps as important as the destination.
Anyway, i know how i am and i know that if i write about it i'll be more likely to stick to it and to let go of some of the stress i'm feeling. As it is, i'm feeling better about all of the stuff i need to get done because i got to write about all the stuff i have gotten done. And of course the wedding that i'm looking forward to!!!